Thursday, July 9, 2009

Those Image Moments: Wetworks strikes a pose.

Let's take a look at another Image comic book moment that struck my fancy back in the day, this time from Whilce Portacio's Wetworks #6:

(click to enlarge)

I'm not sure why this image has stuck with me since I first saw it; I think it has something to do with the dude with the battle axe.

I preferred Portacio's art to that of Jim Lee or Eric Silvestri (two other Image founders who drew books about superhero teams), and I stuck with Wetworks for the first fifteen issues. Wetworks appeared to be building a nifty universe of supernatural creatures, which I thought was cool back then. Plus, that gold skin looked great with the computer coloring (not pictured above).

I seem to remember the plot moving forward about an inch, and after Portacio stopped drawing it I quickly lost interest.

Other Image Moments:

2 comments:

  1. is axe-dude's neck 20 inches long? his head looks weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean Marc Silvestri,not Eric the writer. I stuck with Wetworks for the first fifteen issues as well,loved Tom Raney who helped for a while too

    ReplyDelete