Saturday, November 27, 2010

Comic Book Gift Ideas

According to the media, many people have gone into a shopping frenzy now that Thanksgiving has passed and the time for gift-giving is approaching.  Since there are only a few "Best Comics of 2010" lists around to give you gift ideas, I thought I'd remind everyone that you can always select gifts from the highly-praised comics of yesteryear.

So here are the Comics of Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa Past, a.k.a the "Best Comics" Meta-Lists from 2005 through 2009.  These lists combined many different "best comics of the year" lists, written by reviewers and critics across the internet, into single lists of the top comic books of each year.

Here are the Meta-Lists:

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to your Best of 2010 lists. I peruse your meta-lists every year to see what I've missed. I'm working on mine for this year, but In the meantime, here's a few gift ideas for this year:

    Beasts Of Burden by Jill Thompson and Evan Dorkin HC

    Blacksad by Juan D�az Canales and Juanjo Guarnido HC

    Afrodisiac by Jim Rugg and Brian Maruca SC

    The Abominable Charles Christopher HC by Karl Kerschl

    Marvelous Land Of Oz by Eric Shanower and Scottie Young HC

    Footnotes In Gaza by Joe Sacco HC

    Revolver by Matt Kindt HC

    ACME Novelty Library 20 by Chris Ware HC

    Two Generals by Scott Chantler HC

    Wednesday Comics HC by Various

    Xenozoic SC by Mark Schutz


    http://fourcoloursandthetruth.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for adding to the list. This is the first time I've heard of Scott Chantler's Two Generals, so I went and googled it. It looks pretty great! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete